Which cintiq should I buy?





Which cintiq should I buy?

This is a question  that has been on my mind for quite a long time…



I felt that after being with a wacom baboo all my student life… now that I’m  a professional artist I should invest a little bit on me for once. But I wasn’t on which one should I buy…




I read dozens of reviews, I research a lot, I watch video-reviews and  I talked to friends to hear their different opinions, but in the end everybody would say “If you have the money buy the big one if you don’t buy the small one”.  But that wasn’t enough… The money is not the only thing that matters… they should be different, feel different…. But  how could I tell without trying it first?? But I didn’t have any access to any of them…




In the end, because I’m always moving to different cities and countries I ended up buying the small one – Cintiq 13 HD (not the companion one), because was smaller and easy so transport.



But for a while (although I was very happy with my purchase) I still had the doubt in the back of my mind – “Is it good enough? Should have I bought the 22 inches one instead?” – Well my doubts finally ceased when I tried the 24 inches one at work. In my personal opinion I believe that although the 24 inches is very good because you have so many screen space to draw on… it’s just too big…. If you need a keyboard to help sometimes… it’s not going to work… it’s too annoying… too  big and quite heavy to move around till you find a good position for it…




And also, when I’m drawing, I tend to lean on the paper a little bit… I do the same with the cintiq. With the 24 inches cintiq I feel very tired working that way, my head is always too near the screen and because it is so big my eyes receive a huge amount of light all the time, which is not very healthy for them, making me tired all the time.
But, with the 13 hd cintiq I don’t have the same problem. Because it’s smaller, even if I lean on it, my eyes won’t be surrounded by the artificial light of the screen. And I never feel as tired.
So in my opinion the 13 inches is much better and much cheaper – 2 in 1!





Phew! For a moment, I thought I should had bought the bigger one eheheh.

-------

Qual será a melhor cintiq para investir?
Esta foi uma pergunta que me invadiu a mente por um longo período de tempo.


Depois de toda a minha vida de estudante ter trabalhado com uma Wacom Baboo A6… Resolvi que estava na hora de investir um pouco na minha carreira como artista profissional.


Como era um investimento bastante grande resolvi investigar… li imensas criticas, vi vídeos de demonstração e de comparação, até comentei com amigos para saber qual seria a sua opinião. No fim, todos diziam o mesmo – “ Se tiveres dinheiro compra uma cintiq grande, se não, compra uma pequena.”…. Mas a questão do dinheiro não era o meu único problema… se os vários modelos variam no tamanho e noutros pormenores, também devem proporcionar uma experiencia diferente… Mas como é que poderia tirar isso a limpo se não tinha acesso a nenhuma delas?


Passado vários meses de indecisão, acabei por comprar a Cintiq 13 HD (sem ser a companion ou a outra portátil) por estar sempre a mudar de cidade e de país.


No entanto, a minha dúvida permanecia apesar de estar satisfeita com o meu investimento. “E se a de 22 polegadas fosse melhor? Não teria valido a pena comprar uma maior apesar de andar sempre a mudar de sítio?” A minha dúvida depressa foi exclarecida quando tive a oportunidade de experimentar a cintiq de 24 polegadas no trabalho. Apesar de ser encantadora por ter um ecrã enorme onde desenhar, acabou por me cansar muito a vista.


Quando desenho numa folha de papel tenho a tendência para me inclinar sobre a folha, aproximando-me. Na cintiq faço exactamente a mesma coisa, mas como o ecrã desta é muito grande é como desenhar sobre uma folha A2 (um pouco menos talvez) o que faz com que os meus olhos recebam demasiada luz o que me deixa extremamente cansada.


No entanto o mesmo já não acontece com a cintiq 13 HD. Pois por ser mais pequena , mesmo que me aproxime dela, nunca vou ter a cara rodeada de luz e os meus olhos não ficam tão cansados.


Por isso, aconselho a quem esteja com dúvidas e goste de desenhar perto da “folha” que opte pela Cintiq 13 HD! Para além de emitir menos luz também é mais barata – 2 em 1!


Ufa! E que por momentos pensei ter feito a escolha errada… eheeheh.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW POST ON PERSPECTIVES' blog

Trojan Horse was a Unicorn (THU)

Sketches